Yay.first day of hols. Do I sound happy. I should sound happy. Went to Avril’s concert with my cousin, Kean and his frens. She was toruing Asia Pacific on her ‘Bonez’ tour, no idea why its called tat ..the album is not even piraty. She was blonde! Which….in my opinion she looks like some Christina A. She has really scaled down her appearance..less mascara and eyeliner and no more studded rock chick bracelets and belts. She can play the drums! I didn’t know that she could until tat nite, not bad at all…and her fav band’s Green Day, so she sang a decent version of ‘American Idiot’ with a good dose of hair flipping and American accent. Sang a lot of songs frm her new album, as well as a few famous old ones. Dedicated the song “don’t tell me” to the females in the crowd, I like the lyrics, how true…could be the theme song for avoiding underage and unsafe sex? The whole concert only lasted abt an hour, but it was ok, just that my toes got squished and we had to jostle with the crowd coz I was in the mosh pit – front part of the hall. Surprisingly, there were many Asians around us, esp Hongkys, and I thought we were in Adelaide. Lucky too, coz Asians are shorter so I can see Avril better…hohoho..They were quite fanatic too, can u believe it. Not surprisingly, most of d crowd were general girls, girls and their boyfriends, and lil girls n their mums. Avril’s voice is ok live, no Ashlee lip-sync incident as far as I know, just that her voice was not so smooth as on the albums. Souvenir shirts selling for $40 = RM120, crazy lorr, of course I didn’t get them. Got our pics on the SAFM website (a local radio station’s website) teeeheeheee..our 5 seconds of fame, konon. She came back for an encore, duh, with her first hit song “complicated”. Thumbs up, aside from the waiting, it was a good experience as always.


No comments:
Post a Comment