Monday, September 19, 2005

forgotten pictures

in library now..-.- feeling a little pissed off. two guys in between two desktop computers in the library. are they using them? no. they are watching anime on a laptop in between two computers that can be used by other people. grr. its just seems a little selfish to me. but maybe the desktops are broken. i don't know. maybe i should not judge. but still. grr. no internet at home for 5 days. grr. i feel like an addict in withdrawal symptoms. am i that addicted to the internet? why. why. grr. of all things microsoft can do i do not like thier mouse with the right and left navigation buttons, i keep going back and forward...annoying. grr.why does queensland only have one week of semester break. terrible federation system in australia. the holidays are not synchronised. grr. i am born in the year of the tiger that's why i grr. =)

Hmm I forgot to blog about these till I saw them in my camera…

1) Rugby match

I don’t really like rugby but my hsemate Alice had an extra ticket so I went along to Suncorp Stadium..dum dee dum. We were watching the Brisbane Broncos v Sydney Roosters (her fav team). Her friends who were surprisingly all Asians (she’s Australian) came along as well so it was kinda weird in the stadium to see one whole row of 11 asian people…Australian sports like AFL and rugby are not really liked by Asians mostly it seems…but it was still good fun. The stadium was nice and newish, they sold the usual fastfood, soft drinks and beer and rum at inflated prices …no .. I didn’t have any..=) some pics from the match…I found it tiring after awhile coz the players keep getting tackled and sprawled over the field. -.- I’ll stick to my footy. Apparently, a touch (get the ball over the line) is worth more than a goal, and that’s why they are trying to bulldoze their way across the field….MUGby….>.< Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
---da weird mascot, a man in a horse suit for the Brisbane Broncos---

2) River Festival 05
Went to the launch of the River Festival, its some annual Brisbane thing, so squished down with thousands of people at the riverside just to see the ½ hr of fireworks. Quite nice but the middle was draggy, if u ask me they should have 10 minutes of jaw-dropping fireworks extravaganza…more syok!! I think some fireworks were fired off my uni building rooftop…if only I had the keys to the 11th floor…=/


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
very nice: the whole goodwill bridge was filled with fireworks dropping down so it looks like massive fireflies cruising down niagara falls kind of thing..haha
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

squall_ch33s3 said...

Rugby...not really my type of sport...haha,anyway...nice fireworks display...on independance day here back in "motherland" I could only here the sounds and never even saw it on TV...haha =P

Clara said...

Nice fireworks photos!!!!! :D